Corporate identity design & branding strategy
Many markets are overcrowded and as a result it can be difficult to get noticed — and with rising costs of business and marketing, it's now even more important to develop and fully utilise your corporate brand and identity.
Creative Passion ensures that every aspect of your public face is well co-ordinated and builds your corporate character. Branding attributed to each item and each product range needs to:
- appeal to the target audience
- be consistently applied to maximise recognition
- represent your products, services and culture
- clearly identify your key point/s of difference
- delineate your product and services from your competitors
— the first step to creating your brand
Your logo is often the first visual impression people get of your brand or business – it appears almost everywhere your brand or business is identified, and as such is often the reference point which people associate with your product, brand or business.
Corporate identity design
— detailing your brand's visual appearance
Brand awareness is built upon the visibility and consistency of your brand, including all visual elements. Corporate identity design ensures that:
- staff and suppliers accurately and consistently communicate visually
- new products or services have immediate integrity
- anomalies or special cases are identified and explained
- product ranges have their own systems or methods of being visually identified
Your corporate identity guidelines should detail how every aspect of your brand is displayed. This includes fonts, colours, alignment, logo .........
It's important to note that "corporate identity" is one element of "corporate branding".
Corporate identity design guidelines
Non-visual elements can be another powerful way to improve brand awareness and consistency, and can help define your brand's personality.
This can include tone of copywriting, values, message and brand strategies.
— your long-term vision
Corporate branding is the long-term vision for a company and can involve research and tracking to maintain. It can:
- add depth and value to a product or service offerings
- be a public statement of the company’s culture, vision and values
- set the overall tone (e.g. "we are innovative" or "we are stable and secure")
- provide future direction for the company and its products/services
- replace multiple product-marketing campaigns (or at least provide direction)
- send a consistent message to consumers
- relate to consumers, investors, staff, media, competitors, government and others
Trademarks & intellectual property (IP) — protecting your assets
Preceding and during the design and development process it's imperative that you consider protecting your assets. Intellectual Property (IP) assets can enhance competitive advantage, attract investors and add to the value of your business. It can also be an important part of your defence and offense strategy.
“Throughout the project, Creative Passion* were both highly professional and responsive. Kobe (City) now boasts the most up-to-date promotional materials available using a design that will make regular updating of information seamless... we wouldn’t hesitate to recommend them for other corporate branding projects.”
City of Kobe, Japan
“From logo development to business cards and the interface design, Creative Passion* was responsible for every aspect of the design.
We have been delighted by their practical and creative design solutions, as well as their professional conduct throughout the project and beyond. The work has been extremely well received and has become the foundation of the operation of our business unit.
I commend their role and significant input into the ongoing success of Pathfinder.”
Manager, Pathfinder Unit, Northpoint TAFE
“...I was highly impressed with the creativity and focus displayed by the design team at Creative Passion*. Our confidence was further cemented by the professional approach to our brief and your ability to respond to production requests within exceptionally tight timeframes. Your understanding of our budgetary parameters and ability to work within these was also a refreshing change...
Once again, thank you to yourself and your creative team for exceeding our expectations.”
Director, Asia Pacific Cities Summit
* The name "Creative Passion" has been substituted in place of "PROdesign" in some testimonials above, due to the sale of the PROdesign graphic and web business to Creative Passion.